Friday, February 1, 2013

John B. Millburn

Mike and I went to the Family History Library today.  Bro. Gray had told me there was something at the library I had to see.  He gave me the microfilm number.  It was an article written in 1905 about the death of my great-great grandfather.  The title was John B. Millburn Shot Down. It was crazy!  They printed all of the witness statements and everything. The story we were told was completely different than the one in the newspaper.  We were told that he was shot by the deputy of the day because he was looking for Butch Cassidy.  Butch Cassidy and my grandfather were friends.  We were also told he was unarmed.  The story in the newspaper is different.  He was shot in front of the saloon he owned and he was completely drunk.  He also had a gun and was threatening someone who was walking past his store.  This is one quote from the newspaper.  "What did he say in his language?  (The epithets applied to Bryner by Millburn as narrated by the witness Burns are not printable - Editor.)"  Oh boy did that make us laugh!  Most of the front page was taken up with this story.  They also had his biography a few pages later.  Besides the fact that it was a sad way to die, it was really cool to be able to read.  A huge step back in time.  It was awesome.  I'm so glad Brother Gray told me about it.
Stephanie
Mike and I decided to get something to eat.  We were walking around to see what was open.  We ended up eating at The Garden Restaurant.  It was delicious and check out the view!  We couldn't have planned it better if we tried!
Stephanie
 Mike
 I think it's funny how it looks like there is a chair in the temple.
Today is also my parents wedding anniversary.  They would have been married 44 years.  Stupid cancer.

No comments: