Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I HATE Basketball Games

The University of Utah basketball games are THE WORST!  Okay, they only bother me if they are on a Monday or a Wednesday.  I really should keep track of when they are, because they mess up my entire routine. Stockton and I were right on time for diving, until we saw the sign announcing the basketball game.  NOOOOOOO!!!!  We both yelled. Well, maybe it was just me.  They close the parking lot that I park in on basketball game days.  I drove in it anyway and asked the guy if I could drop off Stockton.  Then I drove to the Institute building to park there. The only problem was, the parking lot was PACKED!  I finally found a spot and started walking away when I realized why this spot wasn't taken.  It was for the faculty and you could be towed anytime before 10 pm.  Great.  I then spent the next several minutes circling the parking lot until I found a spot.  I made it to the pool about 25 minutes late.

I left when Stockton got out of the pool.  They were going to do land exercises for ten minutes.  I told him I would get the car and to meet me where I have picked him up before.  I told myself that everything would be okay as long as the basketball game wasn't over.  I could hear cheering, so I thought I was fine.  I was hustling to my car when I heard a giant cheer.  That made me nervous.  I tried asking Siri what the score was, but she would only tell me the score of the Utah Jazz game.  Annoying.  Anyway I was about 1/3 of the way to my car when the Huntsman Center started emptying.  I ran!  I got to my car before there was a crowd and started booking it to get to Stockton.  My first route was blocked by a police officer and I had to go another way.  No biggie.  I made it to the correct street and had to wait for a ton of traffic and pedestrians before I could turn.  When I finally got there I notice I could not get in!  They were only letting people out!  I had no idea how to get Stockton!  He was waiting for me outside with wet hair.  Luckily he changes out of his swimming suit.  I turned down a random street and went in where everyone was going out.  Yikes!  After I parked I asked some random person if they knew where the pool was.  I figured if I could find the pool I could find Stockton.  They pointed me in the right direction and then I took off running.  I found him waiting for me just where he was supposed to be.  We then made it back to the car and had to wait in obnoxious traffic.  Man oh man do I HATE basketball days!

No comments: