Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Crazy Busy

Oh man!  Today was just nuts!  I got up early to exercise.  The kids were tired from getting home so late.  They all needed a bath.  Last minute homework and spelling practicing . . . Jorja and Preston were late to the bus.  I drove them to school, went home and hopped in the shower. I got in the car in order to hop back to school.  When the garage door came up, someone was standing there!  Scared me for a moment.  It was the window guys.  They had come back to do the sliding door in our kitchen.  I had no idea they were coming.  I told them I would leave the garage door open for them.  I went to school and got back right as they were leaving.  He said that when they sent the damage replacement parts he assumed it would be for the entire door frame.  The company only sent the parts for the ones that were damaged.  He had left one part at home.  He didn't realize it until he had already taken our door off.  So, I had a giant hole in the house today.  Good thing it wasn't one of the freezing days!  He was back by the time I picked Preston up at the bus stop.  I love the doors!  They look so much better!  I should have taken a picture.  Well, they look exactly like the ones in our bedroom.  Plus, they are so much warmer!
I received an email yesterday from the Stake YW counselor over Oakcrest.  I had been working on having everything ready for this before I left.  I called and asked her what the price was and was told $125.  I have 8 girls going to Oakcrest this year.  I email all the moms and sent reminder texts so I could get the forms and money turned in while I was gone.  Anyway, the email I saw today said something about how there had been confusion and Oakcrest is only $110.  What?  I'm thinking, "The confusion came from you!  You were the one who told me the price!"  Anyway, I spent today scrambling calling the moms and asking for a new check.  It was quite humiliating for me.  I was only able to get 4 new checks because a few of them had already been deposited.  I'll have to figure out how to do the reimbursements for those girls.  Yuck.  Yes, I know.  I'm glad that isn't my calling, but boy was I embarrassed.

On the way back from Idaho Sherry texted me letting me know the handprints were done.  Preston and I went to pick them up today.  I love them!  I can't wait to give them to Ange and Cassie.

No comments: