Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bowling With Grandpa

My dad took Stockton bowling for his birthday today.  When he picked him up, he brought him a carton of Haagen-Daze Dark Chocolate ice cream.  Stockton loves ice cream and he loves dark chocolate, so that should go well.  They went bowling and then had Chick-Fil-A for dinner.  Stockton had a great time.  He said my dad told him lots of stories.  He talked a lot about what his school was like when he was growing up.  At Chick-Fil-A they had fun doing Mad-Libs together. Stockton got home just as we were leaving to play dodge ball with the youth.  Stockton LOVES dodgeball.  It's safe to say that he had a pretty great day.

One story my dad told Stockton.  When he was growing up, he was playing tag at the swimming pool near his school.  He pushed someone off the diving board and said, "You're it!"  The only problem was, that person wasn't playing tag; and they got MAD.  A couple of days later, the friends of the kid that was pushed off the diving board took my dad and welded his zipper shut.  Yikes!

Another story he told Stockton was about how hard he worked on a paper.  He worked all weekend hoping to get an A.  When the teacher was handing out papers she said, "I didn't give any A's."  My dad was disappointed.  "I didn't give any B's."  Dang it!  "I gave mostly C's a few D's and one F."  My dad was feeling sorry for whoever got the F.  When the papers were handed back, he was the one who got the F.  On the back it said, "You talked about how important the Mormon church was to you, but you kept spelling it wrong."  Looks like I got my spelling ability from my dad!  His teacher let him redo the paper.  She told him it was the best paper she had ever received . . . B-.

No comments: