Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Yes, You Are

Maysen is fifteen.  I don't like it.  Fifteen is too close to sixteen.  I don't like the thought of her driving and I definitely don't like the thought of her dating.  Maybe she won't want to date when she is sixteen. I didn't really date much.  I just don't get how I'm supposed to handle this. What if some random boy asks Maysen on a date.  I'm sure he wouldn't be random to Maysen, but he would be random to me.  I don't know anything about this kid.  Is he nice?  Will he treat Maysen properly? Will he hurt her?  Is he  a good driver?  I don't know anything about him.  How can I let one of my most important treasures leave with a stranger?  I don't get it.  I was talking to Becky about this.  I said, "Am I just supposed to let her go?  With a stranger?"  She said, "Yes, you are." She said that several times during our conversation.  She said, "Stephanie, you want her to get married one day don't you?"  I told her, "Not for a LONG, LONG time!"  She said, "Well, this is the first step. You have to let her go."  I guess I can always hold out hope that Maysen will  have no interest in dating.  I'ld be fine with that!

No comments: