Monday, January 21, 2013

The New Grandma Parry

For Family Home Evening we talked about goals and things we wanted to accomplish in 2013. (I know January is almost over, but I am always, always behind.)  I started by asking the kids questions.  I didn't come up with the questions, I found them on line.  Anyway, here are the questions and answers.

What was your favorite memory of the past year?
Stockton: First day of summer
Jorja: Getting frogs

What is your favorite thing to do as a family?
Stockton and Jorja: Play games
Maysen: Eat ice cream.  Go to Cold Stone

What is your favorite thing to do with just Dad?
Jorja and Preston: Time with Dad
Maysen: Eat ice cream.  I like to be around Dad
Stockton: Play games

What is your favorite thing to do with just Mom?
Jorja: Cook
Maysen: Eat ice cream (do you sense a theme with her?)
Stockton: Play games
Preston: Love her

What does Mom do to make you feel happy and loved?
Preston and Jorja: Loves me
Maysen and Stockton: Takes care of us

What does Dad do to make you feel happy and loved?
Preston: Loves me and plays games
Maysen: Dad is awesome and gives us ice cream.  He also fixes our computers.
Stockton: Has fun with us
Jorja: Spends time with me

What is one thing you would like to try as a family in the New Year?
Stockton: Play games
Preston: Learn how to read
Maysen: Go to Hawaii.  Go to Cold Stone once a month
Jorja: Play games together once a week

We then made lists of goals we would like to accomplish this year.  I'm not going to bother to write them all down, because there are a lot of them!  Jorja was so cute with her list.  She put a lot of good goals on hers.  When we were tucking her into bed she told us that she wanted to learn how to sew so she could make blankets and things for her nieces and nephews when she gets older.  She said she wanted to be the New Grandma Parry.  Now that is something to aspire to!  I hope one day I can be half as wonderful as she is.  I am so lucky.

No comments: