Monday, January 28, 2013

Stockton the Teenager

Stockton is now 13.  Yikes.  Time moves fast.  Wasn't it just yesterday when we could pass him over the table with one hand?  I think Stockton had a good birthday.  He had to go to school, but other than that . . . .  I picked up Chick-Fil-A and brought it to Stockton at lunch.  I was ten minutes late, but he didn't hold it against me.  One of his friends let him eat their brownie while he was waiting for me.  After school we had pizza (Little Caesars), presents and cake (Stockton's chocolate Cold Stone creation that he has every year . . . with a different color icing.)
Stockton
 Stockton with his new scriptures.  He wanted a quad.
Preston gave Stockton the sweetest present!  It is a coupon for one milkshake.  He also said he wouldn't get in front of the tv (times infinity) and he would stop when Stockton asks him to stop (times infinity).  He drew other pictures, like no dogs, robot arena and the school blowing up.  Stockton loved the present!  Preston said that he used his brain really hard to come up with it.  Love my boys!
Preston's coupon
Stockton's traditional birthday cake.
 Mike conveniently couldn't find matches (again).
 Stockton blowing out candles properly.
 First he tried to blow them out like this.
 Stockton
 Mike
 Preston
Stockton and I headed up to the U for his diving class.  I accidentally changed the setting, so the pictures didn't turn out well.  I'll just stick a few of my favorites.
Stockton doing a straight back flip.  I thought this picture was funny.
During Stockton's free dives he likes to pretend he is falling.
Stockton
For some reason my pictures are not coming up in the correct order.  I wonder why . . . .  Anyway, Stockton is now tucked safely in his cozy bed.  I am up here trying to figure out ways to slow down time.  I sure have an amazing family.  Stockton has brought such joy to my life.  He has such a tender heart.  He is so good to his brother.  He is very honest.  Extremely honest.  Always has been.  I love that about him.  He takes his duties as a deacon very seriously.  I love watching him pass the sacrament.  He is so funny and very creative.  Oh, and did I mention he is smart?  Ridiculously smart.  Love, love, love that boy!  I'm glad he is mine!

No comments: