Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Second Time's the Charm

The kids had to go back to school today.  Christmas vacation went by too fast!  Even with the three extra days they got because we took them out of school early.  Stockton did not appreciate the extra homework he received today.

Once the kids were at school, I went swimming with John and Cassie! Right when we got in the pool they happened to have a baby aerobics class.  Cassie joined that.  She looked like she was having a lot of fun. Mallory told me several times later that she sang Wheels on the Bus while she was swimming.  So cute!  Preston was mad at me when he found out I went swimming without him.  I didn't think he would care that much at all.  Man these kids, always changing the rules on me!
Mallory and John
 Cassie and Trevor
 Mallory and John
 Cassie and Trevor
John had a job interview in Utah this afternoon.  That would be so cool if they ended up moving here!  He also has an offer in New Mexico, so I will have to compete with Mike now.  My dad came up and played games with John for a little while today.  Then we went back to the pool!  Cassie was brave and went swimming with Jorja, Preston and Mallory.  John and I took Trevor to play racquetball.  Well, Trevor didn't really play.  He slept in his carseat while we played.  That was very considerate of him.  John won me the first game 15-4.  He was playing left-handed.  The next two games I played with the two bounce rule.  John won me 15-0 and 15-1.  I felt pretty awesome about scoring that point!

When John and I were done playing, we went to the pool to rescue Cassie.  Apparently Preston cried the entire time.  Ridiculous.  He told me Jorja was trying to drown him.  "She knew I wanted to follow her and she went where I couldn't reach, so she was trying to drown me!" Yep Preston, that is exactly what she was trying to do.  Preston was just jealous that Jorja wanted to play with Mallory.  He is quite possessive of that girl.  Once we were ready to go, we said good-bye to Mallory in the car.  They are sleeping at my dad's house tonight and leaving for Ohio early tomorrow.  Sniff, sniff.
Jorja and Mallory
 Preston and Mallory
Mike and I went down to my dad's house after the kids were in bed.  We played Ticket to Ride.  My dad had to leave to get Matt and Sam at the airport.  Mike and I went home before they made it back.  I knew if I stayed longer I would be up way too late.  Hopefully it won't be an entire year before we see them again . . . especially if they move to Utah!  (I know that chances are slim, but one can always hope!)

No comments: