Monday, January 7, 2013

I'm In Love

I have been so annoyed with my dishwasher.  It was supposed to be awesome, but it just drives me crazy!  If I don't get every little teeny tiny speck of food off of the dish it does not come off!  Sometimes it looks like nothing was even washed.  We thought this was because of how hard the water is here, so annoying!  I was complaining to Cassie this and she said her mom's dishwasher was great.  It was probably a combination of the dishwasher and the detergent.  When she was back in Ohio, she sent me a picture of what her mom uses.  I went out and bought it.  The difference in the dishes is incredible.  To say the dishes were 100% better is such an understatement.  Thank you Cassie!  The funny thing is, Mike said, "Oh, they gave us a sample of that detergent when we bought the dishwasher.  I thought it was annoying how all the packs were individually wrapped."  I wondered why the dishwasher worked great for the first little while.
We had some plumbers in here most of the day.  They were adding a drain so we could have a water softener.  I wonder if we need it now! That wasn't the only reason.  When we use the air conditioner in the summer, Mike has it drain into a giant water bucket.  He has to haul it out to drain once a week at least.  Not a good long-term plan.  Anyway, when I went downstairs and saw all the holes in the concrete, I was so thankful Mike didn't try to do this project himself!
Hallway
 Downstairs bathroom
Mike also booked a cruise for us today.  Well, he booked it today, we won't go for awhile yet.  Several years ago we had a cruise booked and payed for.  We were going to sail over Thanksgiving.  Then Mike lost his job.  He was able to get all of our money back.  Which was nice. Now that we have financially recovered from being out of work for a year and a half, Mike booked the cruise for the same ship we had originally planned on.  We also had already bought passports for all the kids.  Those passports expire in June.  Preston was really mad when he found out about this.  He said he didn't want to go.  "You can't make me go!  What?  You are going to force me?"  He gave me a good laugh.  I showed him pictures of the ship.  He hesitantly said, "Well, I guess I'll go - but only for one day."  Poor kid.  What a rough life he leads!

No comments: