Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ice Skating

I was in charge of the combined activity tonight.  The original plan was to do glow-in-the-dark volleyball.  The Beehives loved that last year. The only problem is Mike is out of town.  There is no way I could do that activity without his help.  Especially setting up all the black lights. So, new plan.  Jacqui and I ended up going with ice skating.  As far as activities go, it was pretty easy.  My dad wasn't able to watch the kids (he was taking Gayle to a play), so I brought my kids along.  That about doubled my stress.  I wonder why when Mike leaves it seems like my patience leaves along with him!  Preston is especially obnoxious.  He thinks he is so funny.  He loves making all the youth laugh, but after awhile it grates on my nerves!  I do love that boy of mine, even when I'm irritated.

Anyway, this skating rink didn't have any of the little kid helper things that we have used before.  Preston was on his own!  With our help of course.  He did great.  Although when he would have two people holding his hand he felt like he could just fall and be carried around. My arms are sore!
Jorja, Stockton, Preston, Stephanie
 A blurry picture, but Preston is
looking and Maysen is in the background!
 Preston
 Preston and Jorja
Preston LOVED going in these things.  He called them transporters.
 Stockton
At least one of my combined activities is over for the year!  Only one more to go, and that is not until July.  Hopefully we can make that one awesome!

No comments: