Saturday, December 1, 2012

Preston's First Recital

My kids had a piano recital today.  They all did fabulous!  Everyone had their piece memorized and they sounded so good!  This was Preston's first recital.  Of course, he has to do something obnoxious.  Why? Because he is Preston!  When it was his turn he ran onto the stage.  He was loud and clompy!  When he got up there, he banged his hands on the piano bench and said (but kind of yelled), "Um! . . . Um! . . . Um! . . ."  He kept doing that until his teacher went up to the stage.  Mike had just whispered to me, "Do you need to go up there?"  I wasn't sure what to do when I saw his teacher get up.  I was so thankful for that!  She sat on a seat next to the piano, but that wasn't good enough for Preston. He waved her over until she sat on the bench next to him.  Then he started playing.  He played his piece perfectly, hopped up and ran back to us. Later, I asked him why he was saying, "Um" over and over.  He said, "Because my teacher wasn't with me."  Obviously.  I guess I should teach him his teacher's name!

We left just a tad bit early from the recital so we could make it to Stockton's diving meet.  He had a meet in Park City.  All the kids came to watch him this time.  He did really well.  He scored 170.60 and took 2nd place.  He is planning on working on his degree of difficulty for a big match at BYU in March.  I'm excited!  I love watching him work hard and do something he loves!

No comments: