Saturday, December 8, 2012

Matt's Finally Married!

We were so happy to be able to attend Matt and Sam's wedding.  They had a long, long engagement.  Not quite a year and a half, but pretty darn close.  The wedding was great.  A lot of people were there to support them.  Elder Bednar preformed the ceremony, which was super awesome.  I thought our Idaho family knew Elder Bednar was going to be there, but I guess it was a surprise.  It was to the Leatherwoods as well.  That was probably a pretty fun surprise, so no worries.

Mike and I were talking to Jordyn and her parents before the ceremony. We mentioned something about Elder Bednar preforming the ceremony. That was when they first heard about it.  Jordyn said, "Now I wish I brought my phone!"  Mike said, "You can take a picture and say 'This is how I lost my recommend'."  Jordyn laughed and said, "Totally worth it."  It was so funny.  The lady in charge of the temple waiting room didn't think it was funny.  She shooshed us.  Jordyn got shooshed four times.  Well, we think it was Renee.  Just kidding!

Anyway, Elder Bednar did a fantastic job sealing Matt and Sam together.  He also made it very clear that we are not to talk about it.  I do want to record one thing.  I'm quite sure this is okay, because everyone knows about the forever mirrors in the temple.  They have them in the open house pamphlets as well.  I just loved how Elder Bednar had Matt look at himself in the mirror and tell him what he saw.  Matt said, "My eyes."  He then asked Matt to look at Sam and tell him what he saw. Matt said, "Forever."  I love that.  What an awesome analogy.
Matt and Sam Millburn
 Sam
 My dad, Matt, Sam
 Marie
 John & Matt
 Bryan Letherwood, Matt and John Matern - childhood friends
 Who knew this spot was so much fun?
 Mina and Mike
Mike and I hurried home to get our kids.  We then picked up Gayle and headed to the Lion House for the wedding lunch.  Poor Gayle.  We had stopped by to pick her up for the wedding, but she accidentally set her alarm for PM.  She missed the wedding.  She was so disappointed.

Sam was nice enough to let us do family pictures before the reception. The reception was held at the University of Utah Institute building. That is the same place Brett and John had their reception.  Anyway, this is the first time my entire family has been together in years. Probably eight years.  Sam's asked her photographer if we could get a family picture.  She also did individual pictures of the families.  I am so thankful to Sam and her photographer for being so awesome to let us do that.  Who knows when the next time we get together will be.  I took pictures while the professional was taking pictures.  That is why no one is looking at me.  That is more than fine with me.  I am so happy we were able to get something!
Bubs Family
Lincoln, Angela, Amelia, Abigail, Bubs, Ella
 Brett's Family
Rachel, Marie, Brett, Mina
Haha!  Don't you love Marie!  Why was she so inconsolable?  Well, because this is what she looked like a few minutes before.
Marie
Although, this is also what Mina looked like before.  Way to go Mina!
Marie and Mina
 I can't help it.  I love these pictures!
Rachel, Marie, Brett, Mina
Later we tried to get a few more pictures when Marie was back to her usual happy self.  Adorable.
Rachel & Marie, Brett & Mina
 Hi Marie!
 Mike's Family
Larkin, Mike, Blake, Christen, Skye
 John's Family
Mallory, Cassie, John, Trevor
 I love how Mallory and Trevor are doing the exact same thing.
I didn't get any pictures of my family and the group shot because both Mike and I were in those pictures.  Mike did take a few pictures of me with Jorja and Preston.  I guess Maysen and Stockton got off easy!
Stephanie and Preston
 Stephanie and Jorja
The lights went off close to the beginning of the reception.  At first we thought it was a little kid playing with it.  Nope.  The lights were off for a lot of the area.  So, Matt had his reception in the dark.  Luckily Sam is just awesome and doesn't let things like that get to her.  She said it made for a good journal entry.  As if she had nothing more to write about!  The lights did come on towards the end.  There was no snow when they came out of the temple, but when we went home there was a ton of snow on the ground!  Now for some random pictures.
Mallory
 Dad, John, Brett, Mike
 Skye, Mike and Trevor, Larkin
Looks like Blake and Trevor are interchangeable!
Matt was so funny when they were cutting the cake.  It was an ice cream cake and so hard to cut.  I wish I would have videoed Matt.  He is such a clown!
Matt and Sam
What an amazing day!  Mike and I drove home in the snow with Brett and John following us in two separate cars.  (Mike drove to Salt Lake six times today!)  Anyway, we drove on the freeway with our hazards on.  We were going to back way and coming in to the top of our neighborhood.  John and Cassie were able to follow us, but Brett and Rachel turned at a neighborhood with a similar name.  Then they couldn't get back up the hill.  They decided to go down and come to our house from the bottom.  They waited at the bottom and watched at least ten cars slide off the road.  After waiting about ten minutes a snow plow came and they were able to follow it right up the road with no problems. Now they are here, safe and sound.  Thank goodness!

No comments: