Thursday, December 20, 2012

Good-bye Parrydise!

We packed up and headed home today.  Early this morning Mike and I took Jorja and Preston up to the springs.  Yesterday John, Matt and Cassie went up there.  Matt came back so frozen.  He said he had never been so cold in his life.  That included being lost in the canyons.

Anyway, Jorja and Preston really wanted to go up there.  It was so fast! Too bad Maysen and Stockton didn't want to go.  Stockton would have loved it if we had been willing to take him yesterday!  Preston really wanted me to take pictures of him in his snow fort again before left.  He was really sad to leave it.
Preston enjoying his fort
 One of the disadvantages of long eyelashes.
It took quite awhile to get all packed up and ready to leave.  As we were driving out of the parking lot, Mike noticed that I had a flat.  It took about 45 minutes to get enough air in the tire so we could drive it to the nearest gas station.  We were so far behind schedule when we arrived at Grandma's house.  Grandma and Grandpa had been pretty sick.  We tried to hurry out of there so we wouldn't bother them.  We didn't see Grandma at all.  When we got home, John asked why we had hurried out of there so fast.  I thought Grandpa wanted us out.  It was a misunderstanding.  Too bad, but it worked out all right.  I was pretty nervous about driving home alone.  (Well, me and all the kids).  We got home safely around 8:00 at night.  So tired!

We had a few stops along the way.  We dropped off laundry at Jackie's house.  She said she would wash it for me.  Such a life saver!  (The original plan was for Mike to take everyone home and I would stay and wash the laundry with John.  Now that John and Cassie didn't need a ride, I didn't want to drive the jeep home by myself.  Mike had to get home because he was scheduled to go on call tomorrow.)  Anyway, I was able to see Markell, Scott and Traci while I was there.  Quick hellos, but so good to see them.  When I was talking to Scott and Traci I mentioned that we had friends who lived in Florida.  He is actually a professor at the University of Florida.  Anyway, Paul and Brooke Madsen are in Scott and Traci's ward!  They were in our ward in Georgia.  Small world!  Paul and Brooke are in Utah right now.  They are taking their littlest adoptive daughter (Rosie) to the temple.

Speaking of Paul and Brooke . . . . The last stop we had was stopping by Maysen's pottery class.  We weren't able to make it in time for her to attend, but she was able to pick up her chip and dip bowl.  It looks amazing!  Brooke Madsen was Maysen's first pottery teacher.  Maysen now takes pottery from Brooke's teacher.  Maysen had seen a bowl very similar to her chip and dip bowl at Brooke's house.  That is where she got the idea from.  I don't have a picture of it now, but I love it! 

No comments: