Thursday, December 27, 2012

39

That is how old I am.  Weird.  Today was also the first day in the history of Stephanie that I have been home on my birthday.  Usually I'm at the cabin, or at least in Idaho.  Once I was even on a cruise.  Mike is on call this week, so we had to be home - or I had to be without Mike.  No way was I going to be away from Mike, so home it was.  I actually wasn't feeling too well, luckily I never got as sick as some of my family members.

Anyway, this morning I went to breakfast with my family.  We went to the Black Bear Diner.  We had never been there before.  It reminded my kids of Great Wolf Lodge.  It reminded me of Daniel's Summit.  Good memories from both of those places.

John and Cassie went to see Bubs ref a basketball game.  I really wanted to go, and I was planning on going - I just didn't feel well enough to get there.  Hopefully I'll be able to see Bubs later in the season.

Maysen and I watched My Fair Lady.  Maysen had to watch two movies for her homework.  There were only two G rated movies on the list.  My Fair Lady and Brigadoon.  I was surprised that there would be several PG-13 and R rated movies on the list.  Anyway, we watched it and it was long!  At least I was able to work on Trevor's stocking.

Mike made me peas and hotdogs for dinner.  John was pumped about that.  Peas and hotdogs was one of my favorite meals as I was growing up.  John said Dad must have taken it out of the rotation, he doesn't remember having it since he was about ten.  Maybe my mom would make it. Anyway, it is delicious! After dinner we had presents and cake.  Jorja gave me a frog.
Stephanie and Un-named frog
 Jorja and Stephanie
Mike got me a blender.  I had asked for one.  The one we have now drives me crazy!  I guess it is 17 years old - still . . .
 Orange juicer thing
I had a delicious cake for my birthday!  Usually we are at the cabin, so it is quite simple.  I told Mike I wanted a Cold Stone cake.  I was excited to be able to choose what I would like and not worry about if anyone else would like the flavors.  Mike had to call and talk to the store because I wanted something different then their choices on their webpage.  I chose banana icecream with snickers, raspberries and hot fudge mixed in.  The cake was red velvet and they put a layer of hot fudge inbetween the icecream and cake.  The topping was a whipped raspberry topping. It was so good!  Jorja was the only one of my kids who liked it though. The other three slid their plates to me after one bite.  Weirdos.
They spelled my name wrong, so Mike got a discount.
They had spelled it Stephainie.
 Stephanie (only one i)
 The loves of my life!
Jorja, Stockton, Mike, Stephanie, Maysen, Preston
 YUMMY!
 Jorja and Stockton
 John and Stephanie
 Stephanie and Maysen
 Stockton
 Only one more year until I'm 40!  Yikes!
Mike was so nice.  He hates peas, he hates snickers and he hates raspberries.  He didn't complain about anything that I asked for.  That's love right there!

No comments: