Saturday, November 24, 2012

Soup and Gingerbread

Mike's family came over today for soup.  We also had gingerbread houses for them to decorate.  It is times like these that I miss my house in Georgia.  It was a little crowded, but we managed.
Brandon, Spencer, Amy
Tage, Miah
 Miah, Tage
 Tage, Maysen
 Weston, Brandon, Spencer, Amy, (Maysen & Tage's heads)
 George - haha!  Mona and Sherry
 Maysen, Jorja
I wish I would have gotten a picture of the completed gingerbread houses before everyone left.  Oh well.  I can only do so much.  I was super stressed all day.  I got really frustrated right before people started arriving.  I noticed I only had 4 pounds of powdered sugar.  I still needed to make the frosting tubes.  There was no way that was going to be enough.  I had just come back from a mad dash to the store to get more chicken broth for my tomato soup.  (I had used a can in the turkey soup because I ended up being short on the broth there).  I called my dad in a panic and begged him to run to the store and buy me four bags of powdered sugar.  Luckily he was able to do that.  (Thanks Dad!)  I then started working on the wassail.  I had most of it simmering for several hours.  Now I just needed to add the three juices.  Orange juice, check.  Lemonade, check.  Pineapple juice, where's the pineapple juice? I could not find it anywhere.  I knew I had bought it, I just couldn't find it.  I looked and looked.  I spent a lot of time in the garage blinking away tears.  I was so embarrassed.  The wassail didn't taste right, I didn't get the tomato soup made, I didn't get the frosting bags finished. I tried so hard to have everything perfect.  It doesn't help that I feel inadequate around Mike's family.  I feel that a few of them think that Mike married down.  When I'm not perfect, it is just humiliating to me when I am around them.  Don't get me wrong, not all of them make me feel this way.  I didn't start really feeling this way until Sharen died. Then many things happened that kind of broke my spirit.  I miss Sharen.

No comments: