Friday, November 30, 2012

NaNoWriMo

Maysen participated in the NaNoWriMo challenge.  That stands for National Novel Writing Month.  The goal was to write a 50,000 word novel in one month.  Maysen spent a lot of time working on this.  She titled her story Courtesy of Number 124.  She hasn't finished her story completely, but she reached her 50,000 word mark!  Awesome!
Maysen
We took the kids to the Festival of Trees today.  I absolutely love this festival.  I went while they were in school and was able to look around more.  I also made up a scavenger hunt while I was there.  This evening we met up with their cousins and split up into teams.  Stockton was all business.  I don't think he even looked at a tree.  He didn't even notice the upside down tree!  I think Jorja had the most fun.  She felt so grown up being on her own with Jacob and Weston.  Mike was on a team with Preston.  Preston loved it!  He told me many times, "Thank you for making this game for us."  Super sweet.  I love this time of year!
Little Peacock Tree
 Little Mario Tree

No comments: