Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Elementary School Conferences

I had Parent-Teacher Conferences today for Preston and Jorja.  Preston was first.  His teacher had wonderful things to say about him.  She said that she knew everything was super easy for him and was wondering what goals I had for him.  I said, "Honestly, my main goal for Preston this year is for him to learn how to be in school."  I told her he had never been in preschool before, and he is the youngest in our family.  I just want him to be happy and have a positive first school experience.  I am really hoping he gets in the Chinese program.  That would be so good for him!  We will find out by December 7th.  Fingers crossed!

Jorja also had a perfect conference.  She is doing so well.  Even in Chinese!  Miss Liao said she wasn't behind at all!  Hooray!  Miss Liao had a conversation with Jorja in Chinese while we were there.  It was so cute!  She asked Jorja what she would wish for.  Jorja told her that she wished she could talk to her frogs.  Haha!  It was cute because Jorja answered so softly, and I rarely hear Jorja speak Chinese.  I loved it! The only thing both teachers mentioned for Jorja to work on was talking more in class.  Haha.  Usually it is the opposite I suppose.  Mrs. Todd said when Jorja reads the entire class gets really quiet because she speaks so softly.  It makes me chuckle because Jorja is my loudest child at home.  I think it is because she holds everything in out in the real world.  Once she gets home she just has to let it out!

I am so proud of both Jorja and Preston.  I am lucky to be able to spend everyday with them.  I love it when others are able to see how amazing they are.  What a great life I have!

No comments: