Thursday, November 8, 2012

Almost Six

This morning I realized that I should be bringing cupcakes to Preston's class at school.  I was kicking myself for not talking to his teacher about it.  Preston's birthday is Saturday, but he doesn't have school tomorrow.  Luckily there was the book fair this morning, so I was at the school anyway.  I stuck my head in his classroom and asked the teacher about it.  She said she was ready for him whenever I was.  I decided to bring cupcakes in on Monday.  When I let Preston know, he was a little disappointed.  I asked him if he wanted to change the date, but I wouldn't be able to make something.  He did want to bring a treat today. He asked for Banana-Nut Muffins.  I ended up bringing mini banana-nut muffins and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.  He was so happy! He loved passing out the treats.  He loved wearing his hat all day.  After school he told me that this was one of his best days.  I love his precious innocence!
Preston - 6 year old birthday hat
Preston spent a lot of time today making up a song for Jorja.  It was so cute!  He kept saying he was having so much fun making Jorja a song . . . wasn't I so proud of him?  Of course I am!  I love that little boy!
Preston told Jorja today that he likes Christmas better than birthdays because on Christmas everyone gets presents.  My baby sure does have a heart of gold.

No comments: