Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pumpkins

We took a quick trip up to Mike's house.  We are getting our pictures taken here in a few days at 4:00.  The photographer wanted us to find a location in the shade.  We decided to look around at 4:00 today to see what we would find.  We took a lot of pictures!  We sure do love it here! It is going to be sad when Mike's dad turns the keys over in a few weeks. There are a lot of pictures - we have a lot of memories. Hopefully we will get some good ones with the photographer in a few days.  Hopefully it doesn't rain!
Stockton, Preston, Jorja
 Maysen, Jorja, Scoop, Preston, Stockton
 Driveway
 Backyard
 Preston
 Jorja
 Stockton
 Maysen
 I love this picture!
 Preston & Mike
 Preston
 Playhouse
 Mike, Jorja, Maysen, Preston
 Preston
 Preston & the face in the tree
 Preston & Stephanie
 Maysen
 Stephanie at the bridge
 Front yard
Maysen and Stockton had a youth choir practice today for stake conference.  Because we went up to Mike's house, we were about a half an hour late.  I was unsure what to do.  I thought, maybe I will not have them do the choir.  I know they don't want to and it was more important to spend time at Mike's house.  I said, "We will be about half an hour late to choir practice.  Are you guys okay with that?"  Stockton said, "YES!" in an annoyed voice.  I tried again asking the same question later, I got the same response.  I thought, "Well, then to choir practice you go!"  They have no idea how close they were to getting out of the choir.  Maysen came home really upset because she didn't like it at all. "You should have told us what to do if we didn't like it there!"  I'm thinking, "You should have been respectful to your mother and you wouldn't have been sent there today."  That's not quite fair.  They weren't completely rude, but sometimes I want a conversation instead of being shut down for asking a question.

Anyway, they survived, and they will survive next week as well.  As soon as they got home, we went to a neighborhood pumpkin carving party.  It was a lot of fun.  The kids were able to carve pumpkins and the mess was at someone else's house!  Win-win.  Mike is going to help Preston finish his pumpkin tomorrow.  He poked holes through the paper and has quite a cool looking spider.  I shaved off my pumpkin, so it doesn't light up.  It was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  After I finished my pumpkin, I realized I had the blade on backwards.  No wonder it was so hard.
Jorja's cat and Maysen's Unova Trio
(I think that has to do with Pokemon)
 Stockton's - I'll need to get a picture in the daylight
 Mike's

1 comment:

Maysen said...

Actually we did realize how close we were to getting out of choir, but only after we'd been there for five minutes. That was what I was trying to tell you when I got home.