Thursday, October 18, 2012

Lion King in New Mexico

Today was a great day!  We got to play with Skye, Larkin and Blake! Mike and Christen were there also.
Blake and Stockton
Mike and Mike worked on sheet rocking an open area above the fireplace.  There was a tv there when they moved in, but behind it it was just open.  Mike helped Mike close it off and hang up a brand new tv. They got the project mostly finished before we left.  There is only a few touch up items left.  At least the tv works!  With the sound!  Mike will have to figure out how to hook up the speakers, hopefully he will have no problem with that.
Mike behind the fireplace
Mike took Jorja and Preston to Lion King tonight!  They went with Mike, Christen, Skye and Larkin.  Maysen, Stockton and I stayed home with Blake.  Christen put Blake to sleep before they left, but he woke up before they were out the door.  I got him up and we played with him for a few hours.  He was so funny watching There's A Monster at the End of this Book on the ipad.  He would make the funniest faces and screams. He played with Stockton for a long time.  He liked to laugh at him every time Stockton looked at him.  Finally I took him upstairs to go to sleep. I changed his clothes and sang a song to him.  I put him down, but he didn't think that was a good idea.  I sang another song and he went down without a fuss.  So sweet!

It sounded like everyone enjoyed the show.  Preston even watched it the entire time!  I was worried he would talk his way through it, but Mike said he was great.  Larkin told me the zebras were her favorite. I'm glad they had a great time.  I'm especially glad Jorja was finally able to watch Lion King in person! The first time she went doesn't count.  If you can't open your eyes, you can't fully appreciate the production.
Skye and Preston
I tried to get a picture of everyone before they left, but that ended up being impossible.  Jorja really wanted to wear her frog clothes.  I told Preston he needed to wear a tie.  That is how I knew he really wanted to go, usually he hates ties!

The kids loved riding Skye and Larkin's scooters.  Skye and Larkin are really good on their bikes.  Mike recently had the garage floor redone.  It looked awesome!  He even mopped it before we came.  I am not nearly as organized/clean as them!  I only wish I could be!
Skye, Jorja, Preston

No comments: