Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Inside the House

We were able to go inside Mike's old house to say goodbye.  We haven't been invited up to the house for a couple of years, so we were glad we were allowed inside before it was sold.  Preston loved this spot on the deck.  This is the deck just off of the loft.
Stockton, Maysen, Jorja, Preston
 View from the loft deck
When Maysen was in first grade, we found her up in Mike's dad's office. She was sitting at the desk writing a story.  She wrote an awesome story about Thomas the Tank Engine.  She said that was when she decided she wanted to be an author.
Maysen in the office
Our family is exactly like Mike's family.  Girl-boy-girl-boy.  I took a picture of our kids in each of the matching rooms.  I'm not sure how to word that correctly, but it makes sense to me.
Maysen in Lisa's room
 Stockton in Steve's room
 Okay, Preston is in Steve's room - but I loved the picture
Mostly I love how he likes to be like Stockton
 Jorja in Sherry's room
 Preston in Mike's room
Preston wanted to take a lot of pictures in Mike's room.  He loved the camera timer.  This wall doesn't really mean anything to us.  It was painted after Mike moved out of the house.  He had more jungly looking wallpaper.  We still had fun.
Mike, Stephanie, Preston, Jorja, Stockton, Maysen 
 Love my family!
 I don't know whose idea for the pyramid, but we had fun
 Preston wanted to do it again and again!
 I always loved the giant arrows in the basement.
 Window in Mike's parents bathroom
 Maysen and Stockton
Maysen was having a bit of a hard time when we left.  Scoop came out and talked to her.  She asked him if she could have the little black train that she wrote her story about.  So sweet.
Maysen and Scoop
Preston wanted to go back inside and take more pictures out on the deck.  I'm not sure why.
Preston
 Although who can blame him with a view like this?
Maysen and I walked down to the bridge.  She wanted to look at the handprints.  Mike's handprint was the hardest to see, and is also missing a pinky.  I think he was five when they made them.  
Maysen
 Mike's five year old hand
 Mike humoring me
 I love this place!
 And now we go home....
Until we say good-bye again tomorrow

No comments: