Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hole

Scoop came over today to drop off barstools and a rug.  He originally gave the barstools to Steve, then Steve gave them to us.  Scoop also surprised me.  He said, "Stephanie, I saved this for you."  He then gave me the 'Honey's House' sign.  I was so surprised.  I started crying.  I loved that sign.  He took it down years ago.  I love it!  I hope I can find the pictures I have of my kids standing under the sign.  I remember a picture I took of them in the snow under it, I'm just not sure if Preston was there.  It might have been just Maysen and Stockton.  Doesn't matter, I was so happy to have it.  It is a little broken, but awesome.

We were talking to Scoop about wanting to go to his house one more time.  Mike had mentioned that he had never seen the house empty before.  Scoop told him he had.  They moved to the house when Mike was about 2.  He said that they were looking at the house as it was being built.  There was a big hole where the basement stairs were going to go.  They told Mike to be careful and not go near the hole.  The next week when they went to check on the progress of the house, Mike went over to the stair area, pointed and said, "Hole."  That was Mike's first word.  I love knowing about that story!

Now, in scarier news, we found a Black Widow spider in the hallway downstairs.  I was totally freaked out.  I called to Mike and he got the 'grabnabber'.  (One of Preston's crazy toys he got at DI.)  I couldn't believe he was going to try to get the spider with that!  I was so nervous. Well, the grabnabber worked.  Mike was able to get the spider into the toilet.  So creepy.  Stockton, when you are reading this, DO NOT TELL JORJA!  I know she rarely reads the blog.  Let's just keep this story to ourselves, shall we?

No comments: