Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween!

Halloween was perfect this year.  Mike was on call, so he could get the kids in their costumes.  Specifically Jorja, they have been working on her costume for the past few days now.  She was Bowser and loved it!
Mike turning Jorja into Bowser
 Jorja as Bowser
 Maysen as a wizard
 Stockton drew a pumpkin with his left hand and taped it to his shirt.
 Jorja as Bowser
 Preston as Emolga
Preston loved his costume too!  Mike cut out the wings for him and I sewed them together and on his shirt.  Preston thanked me over and over for doing that.  Maysen gave him the Emolga hat as a souvenir from Japan.  Preston came home from school and said that someone in his class thought he was Pikachu.  He said, "You have the right cartoon but the wrong character!"  I love him!
I went to the school to watch the parade.  Then I rushed to walmart to buy supplies for my Halloween activity.
The principal and his wife
 Preston's teacher - they were the first class!
Preston is carrying an orange paper he was working on.  He said he didn't have time to put it down.  It said, "Love Mom, Love Dad, Love Jorja"  Although the love was actually hearts and the J's on Jorja's name were written backwards.
Preston
 Jorja
I helped with the Halloween party in Jorja's classroom.  We made witches hats out of cookies and hershey kisses, Oreo spiders, pumpkin mandarin oranges, and ghost suckers.  It was pretty easy and the kids seemed to enjoy my station.  I am glad it is over with and I am glad Mike helped me get everything ready!

The weather was perfect tonight for trick-or-treating!  I told the kids that dinner would be at the neighbors house.  Two doors down, our neighbor always makes scones and cider.  On top of that they give the kids full size candy bars.  I'm guessing our house is the lame house. The kids collected a ton of candy...we only went on two streets.  There were scones, balloon animals, egg rolls, pizza, cotton candy and lots and lots of candy.  I went trick-or-treating with Maysen, Jorja, Oliva and Preston.  Stockton went with a lot of neighborhood friends.  I don't think this Halloween could have been any better.
Olivia as a mad scientist

No comments: