Saturday, October 27, 2012

Grandma Millburn's Funeral

Today was my Grandma's funeral.  We were able to make it to the viewing before the funeral, which was nice since I was the only one who could go to the viewing last night.  Her funeral was good.  A lot of really nice things were said about her.  The cousins from California all came, along with many of the Jex family.

My kids were excited to be able to hold Amelia!  Besides Stockton, this was their first time they were able to hold her.  Maysen was able to see her at the hospital, but she was already in her carseat, so she didn't get to hold her.  That was probably their favorite part of the day!
Stockton and Amelia
 Maysen and Amelia
 Preston, Maysen and 'Millie'
 Amelia and Jorja
After the funeral and a few games of Dominion, Mike and I went up to his house one last time.  Now it is officially someone else's house.  We tried to get the plaster handprints out of the bridge, but the only one that didn't break was the one of the cat.  Boo!  As we were leaving, I had Mike take a picture of the front of his house.  I couldn't remember if we had one of those.  This place was sure a wonderful place for him to be raised!
Mike and I also had to pick up a few things from Walmart.  Most importantly, pictures for Preston.  When we got home, we started playing Dominion with John and Matt.  We played until two in the morning.  I love it!

No comments: