Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Grandma Millburn

My Grandma died early this morning.  My dad got a phone call in the middle of the night from Gayle.  Grandma was having trouble breathing.  My dad wasn't too worried because this has happened before. My dad went to her house to help get her to the hospital.  They ended up calling the paramedics to help them.  My grandma broke her hip a few weeks ago, so it was hard trying to get her down the stairs. Once the paramedics arrived, my dad said her vital signs went way down.  She died right away.  The paramedic guy looked at my dad and said, "Well, that is how I would want to go."
Grandma Millburn
I know it is a good thing that she was able to die so quickly.  I just wish we could have had a heads up.  I had wanted to talk to grandma about her childhood.  I even put it on my goal list for the summer.  I have seen grandma several times, but I never recorded her talking about her childhood like I had planned.  I bet Grandpa is really happy to be with her again.  I love this picture that grandma had framed in her front room.  A photographer took this picture of them without their knowledge.  Later they were sent the picture.  Priceless.  I love it.
Grandpa and Grandma Millburn
Maysen also had her high school orientation today.  That is crazy. Time is moving way too fast!

No comments: