Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fantastic Day!

What a perfect day!  We met our photographer up at Mike's house at 3:00.  This time there was no rain!  The kids did a great job.  We took a ton of pictures, of course.  I love them!  I know I am going to love these forever!  There are so many, but that is okay - you don't have to look at them!  After the photographer left, Mike and I took more pictures with our own camera.  The kids were great, especially considering they had already had their pictures taken for an hour!  Stockton was done a long time before we ended, but he was a pretty good sport.

Mike's house is pretty big.  Especially the yard.  Acres and acres.  You just don't find land like that anymore.  Especially up in the mountains.  It is like you are in your own little world.  The kids used to pretend the front yard was Cousin Kingdom.  They each had little bits that they were able to call their own.  Man, we have a lot of good memories there.

I am going to post these pictures bigger, even though it will mess up my blog.  I have been meaning to change it, but I'm not sure how.  So, I will just deal with the annoyingness of the box not looking right.
Mike and Stephanie
Jorja, Stockton, Preston, Maysen
 Jorja
 Stephanie with Brooke, Jorja with Padz
Stephanie with Brooke
 Mike
 Maysen
I loved looking over at Preston to see him playing with the leaves in the grass.  There were so many times my kids were able to do this, I'm glad he had a chance to do it too.  Even though it is really a small thing, at the same time it is priceless.
Preston
 Maysen
 The Meadow of Maysen
There is a beautiful bridge on the property.  It is about half way up the driveway.  I never knew Mike's handprints were there.  You can barely see his.  All four kids have their handprints there.  Even the cat does.  I never noticed that before.  Lisa and Steve's are easier to see, Mike's you wouldn't notice unless you were specifically looking.  Even then it is hard to find.  I am hoping to bring clay next week and see if I can get a mold of it.  We'll see.
Stockton looking at his dad's tiny handprint
 Stephanie walking up the driveway, past the bridge
 Jorja and Padz
 Preston and Shiver.  He loves that ratty dog.
Shiver is always giving Preston kisses!
 Jorja and Padz, Preston and Shiver
 Mike
 Jorja
 Jorja and Padz, Preston and Shiver
 Now with Stephanie and Brooke
 Preston & Jorja
 Stockton, Jorja, Preston, Maysen
 Love this one!  Too bad there is a leaf in my face.
 Jorja, Stockton, Stephanie, Maysen & Mike, Preston
 Stockton, Jorja, Stephanie, Maysen, Preston, Mike
There are pillars at the start of Mike's driveway.  Mike said that before they were there, random cars would drive up all the time not realizing it was a driveway.  One side had the name SMITH, the other side had his address.  I loved these.  I wonder if Scoop is going to try to get the granite off?  I hope he can, I'm pretty sure the other family won't want to keep that!  I know their name isn't Smith!  Too bad the sun was in our eyes for the pictures.  Oh well.  Better than nothing.
Maysen, Stockton, Jorja, Preston
 With Mike and Stephanie
 Jorja, Stockton, Maysen, Preston, Stephanie, Mike
Maysen mentioned to Mike that he should take shots of the scenery.  Then he could use it with a green screen later.  Awesome idea!  Then we could get family pictures here again!  We took a ton of those shots, but I think I'm going to break this into two posts.  I'll put most of them up tomorrow.  This is the view of the driveway.
 Preston, Jorja, Maysen, Stockton
They were really tired of pictures by this point.
 Stephanie hiding something
 Oh, it's Brooke!  Can't wait to see the real Brooke again!
 Mike
 Stephanie and Mike
 Breathtaking!

No comments: