Monday, October 15, 2012

Art Center

Preston was so excited of the pumpkin he made at his art center in kindergarten.  He even let me take his picture in front of the red bush. Mike and Preston also finished his pumpkin while Stockton and I were at diving.  There were a lot of high school kids there tonight.  Most of them diving for the first time.  Stockton looked really good!  He also learned how to do a back-flip pike dive.  I love watching him.  I am glad he has found something he enjoys.
Preston
 Preston with his art center pumpkin
 Mike's pumpkin next to Preston's spider pumpkin
I found some pictures I had taken from last night.  Jorja LOVED carving the pumpkins.  She loved digging out the insides.  Gross!  I hate that part!
Jorja
 Maysen
 Preston
 Neighborhood pumpkins
I still need to take a picture of Stockton's pumpkin in the daylight.  He has arms sticking out of the side. It looks pretty cool, but it doesn't glow.  Today was also the last day for schools to sign up for the Scripps Spelling Bee.  Last year the middle school didn't do a spelling bee.  I called the principle last spring and asked if they could do one.  Even if Stockton gets out in the classroom portion, I want him to have a chance to try this.  Stockton studies hard for this.  It is one of the few things in school that he cares about.  Anyway, the principle assured me they would have the bee.  About a month ago, I noticed our school was not on the official list.  I sent an e-mail to the principle volunteering to pay the $100 fee and filling out the paperwork.  He wrote back saying the PTA was taking care of it.  I called the PTA president and left a message about the bee.  She said they were planning on it.  Still, as of yesterday I didn't see our school on the list.  This morning, I looked again.  Not there.  Then it dawned on me that I had been putting in my home zip code - maybe the school zip code was different.  It was.  I checked with the right zip code and it was there!  Relief!  One of my friends is in the PTA leadership.  She volunteered me to run the spelling bee.  We will see what that means later, I am just so glad Stockton has a chance to do this again.  He loves it.

No comments: