Monday, October 8, 2012

Amelia Marie

Ange had her baby today!  Bubs texted me this morning and said, "Today's a good day to have a baby, don't you think?"  Yes, I did think that!  Ange's water had broken, so they headed down to the hospital. She had to have pitocin, and she had no epidural!  Crazy!  I know a lot of people have babies with no epidural, but I'm not one of them!

Anyway, Ange let Bubs pick them name.  He picked Amelia Marie.  I love it!  She was born at 5:55 p.m. and weighed 7 lbs. 15 oz.  She was 19 1/2 inches long.  I love how all of Bubs' girls names begin with vowels. Angela, Ella, Abigail and now Amelia.  Plus, his daughters nicknames are Ellie, Abby, and Millie.  I really like that.

Stockton and I were able to see Amelia when she was just a few hours old.  We stopped by the hospital on our way home from diving. Stockton LOVES babies.  It was cool to be able to hold her when she was brand new.  I wish it would have worked out for my other kids, but it just didn't.  This is the first time I have been able to see my niece or nephew on the day they were born.  I have never lived in the same state before.  It was awesome!  Amelia is so tiny!  I can't believe Stockton weighed 2 1/2 pounds less than her!
Amelia & Stockton
 Stockton, Stephanie & Amelia
The other cool thing that happened today was, Maysen finished her Personal Progress.  The entire thing!  When she started the Young Women program, she made it a goal to finish it when she was 14.  She did it!  She worked really hard the last couple of weeks in order to get it done.  I am so proud of her.  It was not an easy thing to do.  She is such a good kid.
Maysen

No comments: