Saturday, October 6, 2012

18 for Boys, 19 for Girls

Holy Cow!  We couldn't believe it when they lowered the missionary age at conference!  How exciting!  The biggest difference will be with the girls!  I bet many more will be able to have the opportunity to serve a mission.  If this policy was in place when we were younger, Mike would have been able to leave right after high school.  I would have been able to go the December after I graduated. Then we both would have come home at the same time!  I can't imagine an easier way to wait for a missionary! :)  (Selfish, but true)

Our nephew Taylor turns 18 in 4 days.  Haha!  I wonder what he is going to do?  He is at BYU right now.  That will be interesting.  I loved reading about all the different reactions and watching the news conference about the change.  Elder Nelson, Elder Holland and Becky's dad were at the news conference.  Pretty cool that her dad was one of the few people to know about this.  (Becky is the YW president in our ward.)  Anyway, I love conference!  What a fun and exciting day!

No comments: