Sunday, September 9, 2012

Straw Stew

Wow.  You can sure tell when my life goes crazy.  I get so behind on my blog!  It kind of stresses me out too.  This time my life got crazy for a super fun/awesome reason.  I have been playing with Rachel and her girls!  They stayed at my dad's house from Saturday on, but I followed Rachel around every chance I could get.  Today we had my family come over for Taco Haystacks.  It was a quick dinner because my dad doesn't get out of church until 4.  We also had a YW/YM fireside where the speaker was my dad.  He did a great job!  Becky wanted him to talk about, 'What's a testimony and how do I know if I have one?'.  She also wanted him to relate as much as he could to the Book of Mormon so we could tie it in with our Book of Mormon challenge going on right now. The only thing I regret about the fireside is I didn't record the entire thing.  I remembered about half way through.  I really wish I would have had a copy of the beginning.  I would love for Jorja and Preston to hear it.  Maybe if I get ambitious I will transcribe it on here one day.....but it will be missing the first twenty minutes!

Here is my next scripture challenges.  I am not writing these on here because they are particularly interesting, I just want to know where to find in the future.....

1 Nephi 20 - 2 Nephi 5

2 Nephi 2:25
Who said "Adam fell that men might be and men are that they might have joy?"

The first three people to text Stephanie Smith the correct answer will receive a candy bar.

2 Nephi 3
The first three people to text Becky Johnson 4 Josephs talked about in this chapter will receive some goodies.

2 Nephi 5
How could you prove that Nephi had sisters?

Nephi quotes Isaiah extensively in the Book of Mormon.  How many years before Lehi's family left Jerusalem did Isaiah live?

Hint:  See Isaiah in the Bible dictionary.

The first three people to text Jaime Staker the correct answer will receive a plate of treats.

***Darby was one of the three who texted me.  I wrote back and asked him if he liked Snickers.  He wrote, "Yes!  And thanks  I'm so happy :) :) :)"  Cutest text from a 12 year old boy ever!

Oooo.  I just found some pictures I took.  They are random, but cute.
Mina, Abigail, Marie
 Marie & Preston
 Preston making 'straw stew' - he was so proud
 Marie with a balloon animal Jorja made
 Preston again with his straw stew.
Don't worry, the stove is not on.

No comments: