Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Quilting

Maysen has been asking me to teach her how to sew.  I don't know how to sew.  I saw a groupon a while back from a quilting store by Mike's work.  I thought it would be worth trying out.  Well....my groupon expires tomorrow, so I finally got around to going to the store today. What I would LOVE to do is to buy one of their beginning quilt bundles. It comes with a free class.  Exactly what I need.  The only problem is their morning class is right when Preston gets off the bus. Their afternoon class is on Wednesday.  Wednesdays are already too stacked with piano and diving, there is no way I could work it out.

I was a little disappointed, so I decided to bring Maysen back with me. Maysen and I met Mike there.  We finally decided on some placemats. The only problem is the placemats are Christmas.  Maysen didn't want a holiday themed mat.  I felt like I needed step-by-step instructions. Hopefully I can figure out how to do this and then I can show Maysen. I looked at the 'kit' when I got home today.  I'm not very hopeful on my ability to do this.  We'll see.

No comments: