Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Preston's First Piano Lesson

A lot of firsts for Preston this week.  Today was his first piano lesson. He was less than thrilled at this idea.  He listens too much to his siblings grumblings.  All four kids started their lessons today.  Their teacher comes to our house, which is awesome!  I love that!  I asked Preston if he would go first.  He did not want to.  Finally Maysen volunteered to go first.  I said, "You get an extra scoop of ice cream!" Preston then jumped up and decided to go first.  Preston loved his first lesson.  He was so cute.  He was very proud of himself for telling his teacher that the one black key was actually a group of three.
Preston with his teacher Ann Whittaker
I love this picture!  Doesn't he look like he already adores her?
 Preston
 I think his first lesson was a success!
Stockton went next.  I joked with him that I was going to take pictures of his lesson.  He was not amused.  After his lesson we hustled down to diving.  This was his first lesson at the U in a long time.  This summer he dove with the boys in our neighborhood.  Stockton did great and was so nice to the new boy that started.  When they were able to do their free dives, Stockton talked the boy into 'walking the plank'.  They would do it together.  He even got the boy to do a dive off of the three meter.  That is pretty brave for a first lesson!  I talked to Monica, Stockton's coach, for just a bit after his lesson.  She said she missed him and was so glad to have him back.  I also told her how brave Jorja was when she attempted a dive off the three meter a few weeks ago.  Jorja was scared to even dive off the one meter when she came here last.  Monica was so proud of her.  I love talking to people who are invested in my children. 

No comments: