Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Baby Went to Kindergarten

Okay, a lot of pictures on this one, but it isn't everyday that your baby goes to Kindergarten.  Preston was really excited about today.  Luckily Stockton's plan of getting Preston to hate school from the get-go failed miserably.  Just kidding, that wasn't Stockton's plan, although I did have a talk with him about not saying such negative things about school around Preston.  Anyway, Preston was so dang cute today! Usually he HATES to have pictures taken of him.  Today was different. He wanted to document everything!
Preston's 1st day of school
 Looking like Weston here
 Preston & Jorja
Jorja is so excited to have Preston with her.
 LOVE those two!
 Backpacks
 Ready to go!
 Wait!  Mom wants more pictures!
 Preston's instagram picture
 Jorja and Preston walking to the bus stop
 Waiting at the bus stop
 Getting on the bus.  Can you see him?
Okay, I cried as the bus drove away.  I couldn't help it.  I am now starting a new phase of my life and I'm not ready for it.  I have loved, loved, loved having the kids home with me.  Now they are all in school.  My last one.  For sure.  Kind of breaks my heart.  Only four more years with Maysen.  I can't even think about it.  It doesn't seem right.

Anyway, on the way walking home from the bus stop - alone, I noticed another mom.  She turned down my street.  As she was walking into her driveway I called out to her (totally unlike me).  I asked if she had a Kindergartner.  She did.  Too bad they are in different classes.  She moved into the neighborhood a couple months before we did.  She was about to catch a plane.  I asked her who was picking up her kids.  She said her nanny was.  Anyway, when Preston got off the bus stop the nanny wasn't there.  I told the bus driver I would make sure Blake got home.  We walked him to his house, no one was home.  He went around back and tried different doors, he even tried their hidden key. Nothing.  (I was secretly glad about that because I didn't want to leave him at his house if he was by himself).  Preston and Blake played in the back for awhile, then I talked Blake into coming to our house.  I walked them home and then ran back to the house and put a sticky note on the door telling them where Blake was.  Apparently Blake is obsessed with Minecraft - just like Preston, so they had a great time playing with each other.

Blake's nanny came and picked him up after awhile.  We kept missing each other.  She missed the bus at the beginning and was waiting in her car at the bus stop.  When she finally realized she had missed the bus, she came to his house looking for him.  We were probably in the back yard.  Luckily she saw the note after awhile and came and got him.  I wasn't sure what to do, I hope I didn't cause them any stress.  We traded phone numbers, so if that happens again it will be resolved quickly.
Preston getting off the bus 
Preston was excited about his paper that he colored.  It said, "My first day of Kindergarten was a piece of cake!"  He also got a little ding-dong to take home.  When Blake left, I let Preston pick somewhere to go for lunch.  He picked Kneaders (yes!).  The entire way there he was talking about how he couldn't wait until fall because then Kneaders would have pumpkin bread.  As we were driving up, the Kneaders sign said, "Pumpkin Bread is Back".  Preston was so excited!  He kept saying, "This is the best day of my life!"  Preston then asked me to take pictures of him with his food and of him looking at his food.
Preston with his chocolate milk and pumpkin bread
 Now with his kids meal bag
 Preston looking at the pumpkin bread
 Looking at the chocolate milk
 Looking at his bag
Preston begged me to go ask them when their pumpkin bread came in.  I didn't want to.  He then begged me to let him go ask.  I finally let him. He waited patiently and then asked the counter lady when they got the pumpkin bread.  She told him today.  She gasped and got the biggest grin on his face.  The lady said, "I'm glad I could make him happy." Preston said, "Now this really is the best day of my life."

After Kneaders, Preston and I went to SubZero.  Preston got a cotton candy, banana ice cream with Andes Mints mixed in.  He loved that his ice cream was orange - his favorite color.  My ice cream had pop rocks on it.  Preston was a little unsure about it, but after he tried it, he loved it.
Preston with his ice cream
 Preston looking at his ice cream
 Preston with both ice creams
I didn't know mine would have a waffle cone with it.
I told Preston it was like a cookie - he loved it.
 Preston looking at both ice creams.
I finally told Preston we were putting the cell phone away.  We picked up Little Caesars on the way home and made Stockton & Maysen very happy.  Jorja had achievement days.  Stockton went boating with the scouts.  Maysen, Jorja and I went to the library . . . . and so another school year begins.

2 comments:

Gina Rochelle said...

whoa, Preston's in Kindergarten! Your bus stop is seriously packed. We are the only ones at ours.

Stephanie said...

Gina! Can you believe it? Preston is growing up on me! We do have a lot of kids on the bus. I love it! So different than Georgia!