Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Music

I volunteered to do the music enrichment in Preston's class.  The elementary school has an enrichment day every third Tuesday (I think). Moms come in and teach art, music and dance/pe.  As of last Saturday no one had volunteered to teach the music in Preston's class.  I decided to do it.  The lady in charge said she would send a packet full of lessons home with my student.  Well, it never came.  This morning I was a little (a lot) nervous.  I wasn't sure if I should just prepare thirty minutes to teach to Kindergarteners.  I decided to drop Jorja and Preston off at school.  That way I could go in and see if anyone had my materials.  It turns out that the lady just forgot to get them to the school.  I was able to see the lesson plan about an hour before I needed to start.  I survived, although it wasn't always pretty!  I didn't tell Preston I was coming in, so he was surprised.  He said, "My teacher said moms were coming in to teach the class.  I didn't know if it would be you, but I was hoping it was."  He also told me, "I wanted to hug you REAL bad, but I knew I couldn't because you wanted us on the carpet."  What a sweetie!  Made my day.

I also convinced Preston to say his personal prayers by himself.  Lately he always wants me to help him.  I told him that no one was listening and he would know what to say.  I can't remember all of his prayer, but it was something like this.  "Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day.  Please bless Brother Kimball and the missionaries.  Bless that mom and dad will be safe.  Bless that I'll be good at school tomorrow. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."  Then he jumped up and yelled, "BLOG!"  (Then I had to frantically see if I could remember everything he said.  I know I forgot things, but that is the best I can do.)  I sure have a priceless little boy.

No comments: