Friday, September 14, 2012

Lagoon With Maysen

Maysen and I went to Lagoon today.  For free.  Our stake had a youth indexing challenge.  Our ward won.  The prize?  A free trip to Lagoon on Nuskin's Lagoon day.  (Yes, we are spoiled!)  Maysen was pretty excited because she knew what to expect from Overstock's Lagoon day. No lines!  She was right.  It was exactly like Overstock's day, even down to the free hamburgers.  I was one of the lucky leaders that was able to go.  I didn't even ask.  The Beehives weren't allowed to participate - the challenge was issued at Youth Conference.  Becky had me go instead of her.  First, I had a daughter that was going and second, she had a son that was not.  Isaac is 12.  He has asked her many times to take him to Lagoon and they never have gone.  She didn't feel like she wanted to take the girls and not him.  I think it was a wise decision.  Especially since she had me go instead!
Maysen & Stephanie
Maysen's first ride was the evil ride AirRace.  I will never ride that again!  Good thing she doesn't mind riding alone!  We went on several rides together until we ran into Melissa and Orland.  Then Maysen and I hung out with them for awhile.
Maysen & Melissa - I think both girls look beautiful here!
 Orland - apparently he didn't want me to take his picture
Later we met up with some more youth.  They went on a lot of rides that make me sick now that I am old.  I'm glad Maysen had someone to ride with so I could sit these out.
Emily & Maysen
 Top: Emily, Melissa, Jordan
Bottom: Maysen, Eden, John
 Nicholas, Analise, Eden, Jordan, John, Emily, Maysen, Melissa
After this picture was taken, Maysen asked if we could split off.  She wanted to ride some different rides.  Her first and last ride ended up being AirRace.  Crazy girl!
Maysen on the Ferris Wheel
I had a great time spending the night with Maysen.  I am so thankful she enjoys spending time with me, I sure love being with her!  What a lucky mom I am!

No comments: