Saturday, August 11, 2012

White Tower

Today my family, Bubs and his family and my dad all went to our old ward.  We were able to watch the baptism of Dave Vigil.  Yep, I typed that right.  Our across the street, super-scary neighbor was baptized today.  I couldn't believe it when Laura told me last week.  But I saw it for myself.  It happened.  It was wonderful.

About 25 years ago, Joe Miller was the Vigil's hometeacher.  I guess Lani was a member.  I had no idea.  Anyway, Joe would visit him and jokingly ask him when he was going to get baptized.  Dave said, "When you are made bishop."  Joe is now the bishop of our old ward.  Right after he was put in he tracked Dave down.  Dave had a dream a few days before Joe called.  In his dream he was in the swimming pool at White Tower with Joe Miller dressed in white.  White Tower was our neighborhood swimming pool while we were growing up.  So, today we had the talk about baptism at our church and then everyone went over to White Tower to watch Dave get baptized.  We then came back to church to watch him get confirmed.

Tory Vigil preformed the confirmation of his dad.  It was so sweet.  I was trying hard not to cry, but to listen to Tory talk and choke up.... When he said that he had wanted this day to happen for so long I couldn't keep my eyes dry.  It was a really good day.

Things I learned today:

  1. Everyone looked 20 years older -- imagine that!
  2. Dave's first name is really Faustin
  3. Chad is also a member of the church
  4. Tory just got remarried less than a month ago
  5. His wife is completely opposite then his first wife.  His first wife was blonde and pale.  His wife now is black as black can be.  She also happens to be completely stunning.
  6. Tory's wife's name is Charis
  7. Tory just moved to Sacramento and is so happy
  8. I wanted to take pictures, but I am still scared of Dave

1 comment:

brett said...

Hey, that is a cool blog post...