Thursday, August 30, 2012

Susan

Yesterday I wrote about how Maysen's is planning on wearing her bow, named Susan, for who knows how long.  In order to receive $20.  Here is a picture of Maysen before school.
Maysen & Susan
I had a scary moment today.  Ange and her girls came over to go swimming.  I was about to head out the door to go Visiting Teaching. Actually my hands were covered with frosting as I was frantically frosting cookies to take to one of my teachees.  Anyway, about 10:00 the phone rang.  I noticed it was Lone Peak calling, so I answered the phone.  It was an automated message saying that Jorja was not at school.  She left to school almost two hours before this call came.  I frantically called the school back, pressed 1 because my call was about attendance.  I got another automated call asking to leave a message as to why my child wasn't at school.  I quickly hung up, called back, pressed 3 to talk to the office.  (I am hitting every number with my pinky finger because the rest of my hands are covered in frosting.  Well, not completely covered, but my hands were a mess.)  Anyways, by the time I got ahold of a person I was panicking.  I knew it was probably a mistake, but what if it wasn't.  The office lady was very nice as I blurted out my problem.  She contacted the teacher, came back on the phone and told me that Jorja was there.  Thank goodness!  Her teacher marked Jorja absent instead of George.  My heart was pounding for awhile after that.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a horrible feeling that must have been! I'm glad she was at school!