Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sad Girls

Today was quite hard on my beehives.  I knew it would be.  After sacrament meeting I kind of hung out by their sunday school classroom door.  I wanted to make sure they had a teacher and they were okay.  I didn't want to take over, because it wasn't my place and I didn't know how much thought was put into their lesson this week.  Turns out that not much thought at all had been done.  (My beehives sunday school teacher died in a car accident this week.)  Anyway, someone asked them to go to another class today.  Brother Staker's class.  (Later I found out he was left a message about this late Saturday night.  He was completely unprepared for the intense emotions the girls had.)  Anyway, they girls moved to the hall, but were nervous about going in the older class.  A few of them said they were worried the boys would make fun of them for crying.  Then, in a effort to be helpful, this same gentleman said, "Brother Kunz was supposed to teach today."  All of my girls started crying then.  Even the ones that don't get swept up in drama.  I inwardly groaned.  I thought, "Really?  That is not going to help today!"  

Anyway, my girls finally made it into the sunday school class.  Luckily their other teacher found them.  He had them come outside for a lesson with him.  They all talked about Brother Kunz, how they found out about the accident and they cried.  Brother Johnson also talked about what happens after someone dies.  My girls needed this.  I was so thankful that Brother Johnson came back into town.  They really needed him today.

This afternoon Maysen, Stockton and I went to the church to clean it and help get ready for the funeral. There were so many youth there, we were finished in about an hour.  Maysen and I also went to the viewing. Poor Jenna.  My heart breaks for her right now.  She is only two months older than Maysen.  We are so blessed to have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.  Even so, what a tragedy.

No comments: