Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Rollsicle

Preston asked for a fork when he was eating his roll today.  He called his creation a rollsicle.  He was extremely proud about that.  At dinner he tried to convince Maysen that the rolls taste different/better as a rollsicle.  It was so cute!  I made rolls yesterday and baked them with cinnamon and sugar around them.  They get your hands messy, which is why Preston wanted the fork.
Preston with his rollsicle
Preston completed one of his social goals by inviting Burke over to swim.  Burke will be going to Kindergarten next year.  Preston and Burke have played together while Jaime and I are at our presidency meetings for Young Women, but it has been awhile.  They are in different primary classes since Preston's birthday is in November and Burke's is in February I think.  After swimming Preston went to Burke's house for a bit and played with his new puppy.  Jaime said they got along so well.  It would be too cool if they were in the same Kindergarten class!  I'm not holding my breath about it though.  I know I checked the box for morning Kindergarten and Jaime checked the box for afternoon....
Burke
 Jaime & Stephanie
Tonight we had an activity with all the Young Women at my house.  We did an indexing activity.  We helped the girls who didn't have an lds.org account get one so they would be able to start this project.  Becky's husband is the Ward Clerk, so she was able to text him which girls needed their membership number, that was very handy.  Anyway, in our playroom we have five computers set up already.  Mike added two more, so there were seven computers ready to go.  Many girls brought their own laptops, which was great.  Mike was able to help them get the program on their own computer so it will be super easy.  Becky has challenged the girls to do indexing as one of their 10 hour goals.
Indexing
I was outside talking to the other leaders when Mike came and got me. He said, "I got to show you something really cute."  The kids were all sitting against the wall reading books together.  They had moved by the time I got there, so this was the only picture I was able to get.  They are still cute though.
Preston likes me to try to take pictures of him with my iphone.  He tries to dodge the picture.  I turned the camera button around and told him to look at my phone.  Then I took his picture.  He thought I was cheating!
Preston
 I did the same with Stockton
Today was a great day, but I am relieved it is over.  I now feel like I can finally relax and watch the olympics!  Stockton and I watched the diving semifinals today.  We were so sad watching the diver from the USA who had a failed dive as his last dive.  That was quite shocking. We felt really bad for him.

No comments: