Monday, August 20, 2012

Princess Bride

We watched that with the kids today.  They claimed they weren't impressed.  Preston said he liked it.  I read the book to the three oldest. They also claimed they didn't like the book.  Wackos.

I made rolls for the funeral today.  Saturday I made sure I had all the ingredients I would need.  I timed everything perfectly.  Except for one small detail.  We were out of yeast.  I thought for sure we had enough. We did make two loafs of bread on Saturday and two more on Sunday. I ran to the store and bought four bottles of yeast.  Came home only to find that we had two bottles of yeast in the fridge.  One empty and one not.  That was aggravating!  I was a little late to the funeral, but Becky and Jaime saved me a seat.  I got there right as the family was coming in.  Sweet Jenna did such a good job playing her violin and talking about her dad.  My heart breaks for her right now.  So sad.

Four of our Young Women babysat kids in the nursery.  They did a great job.  We went to check on them after the funeral.  (It was a long funeral, about two hours.)  Eden was vacuuming when we got there.  All the kids had been picked up except for one baby.  We waited awhile and decided the parents weren't going to pick up the little boy until after the grave dedication.  I sent everyone away and agreed to stay with the baby.  He fell asleep quickly, but would wake up every time I sat down.  Pretty soon an obnoxious fly started following me around.  I was pretty annoyed at that fly.  After about 45 minutes the little boys mom came. I'm pretty sure it was his mom, I really would have no idea.  Anyway, on my way out, I went to the kitchen to pick up my pans.  Sister Antonelli asked how the girls were doing in the nursery.  I told her I had sent them home.  She looked at me with panic in her eyes and as she told me they were still supposed to be there.  I was starting to panic thinking I was going to end up staying longer.  Luckily she realized that they were only needed for the funeral.  I breathed a giant sigh of relief.

No comments: