Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ms. Moon

I walked into the playroom about 5:10 this morning and this is what I found.  I looked at Stockton, who was already at his computer.  He shrugged his shoulders and said, "He was here when I got here."  I have no idea when he came upstairs.  I asked Preston, but he didn't remember either.
Preston
Jorja was all decked out in her frog paraphernalia today.  Frogs sure do make her happy.  Ms. Liao asked her if she liked frogs.  Jorja said she nodded and then started dancing in her seat saying, "Qing-Wa, Qing Wa, Qing-Wa".  Oh boy.  What a Porge!
Jorja Frog
 Jorja
Preston met with his Kindergarten teacher today.  Her name is Ms. Moon.  What a perfect name for a Kindergarten teacher!  I was able to sit in the back and fill out forms while she asked Preston questions.  He is so cute.  I laughed when she was asked him what sounds the words she would say started with.  When she said, "new", Preston said, "k - ka".  That even made the teacher laugh.  She said to me later, "Obviously he is very smart.  I will start sending him home books to read, but it will take me a few days."  No hurries here.  She asked me if there was anything she should know about Preston.  I told her that he had a hard time sitting still.  Usually he sits on his chairs sideways.  (The chair is on the floor and he sits on the legs).  I have no idea why he does that, we have been working on ending that little habit.  I also told her he was the baby of the family by four years.  So basically he has been the king.  Also, he has had no preschool, so this is his first school experience.  I hope it goes well!  We shall see.
Preston & Ms. Moon

2 comments:

John William said...

My kindergarten teacher's name was Ms. Moon. Then, suddenly, one day she showed up and said that her name was Mrs. Ott much to our utter confusion.

Stephanie said...

That's funny! She should have just stayed Ms. Moon.