Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School - Take 2

Today was Maysen and Jorja's first day of school.  Maysen forgot her glasses.  She sent me a text asking if I could bring them to her.  Preston and I brought them down and put them in her locker.  We walked by Stockton's first period class and saw him.  Preston loved that!

I was hoping Stockton would have 1st lunch and Maysen would have 2nd lunch.  I was also hoping they would have lunch together.  What did they get?  Maysen has 1st and Stockton has 2nd.  Drat.  In their school the 7th graders have a bell that rings five minutes before the 8th & 9th grade bell.  Kind of confusing if you ask me.  Although it is pretty cool that they are able to get to lunch first.  Except Stockton.  He has 8th grade math before lunch.  He is let out on the 8th grade bell and has to be in class at the 7th grade bell.  I hope he gets a chance to eat!
Who's excited about the first day of school?
Certainly not Maysen!
 That's more like it!  It also helps if I tell her I'm taking her picture.
 Jorja wore these shoes all summer without taking off the tag.  Funny.
 Jorja - 4th grade
 Maysen & Jorja
 Maysen - 9th grade, Stockton - 7th grade, Jorja - 4th grade
 Preston, put up a zero!
 Or be a puppy.  Come on now boys!
 I'm going to keep taking pictures until you smile!
Can you tell Maysen was ready to be done?
 Jorja getting on the bus.
Yeah, there are a lot of kids in our neighborhood!
Preston and I met Mike for lunch.  Before we left, Preston and I went to Zurchers.  Preston found a toy that he wanted to get for one of his goals. He earned a small reward a long time ago, but has been waiting to find the perfect surprise.  Preston LOVES Yoshi.  This Yoshi is kind of like a pez, except it dispenses smarties.
Preston & Yoshi
When the girls saw that I took Stockton to Iceberg, they decided they needed to go somewhere special too.  I told them I would if they agreed on a place.  When I got in the car and asked them where we were going, they both said, "Maggie Moo's!"  I did not see that one coming.  I said, "You realize that is a half hour away."  Maysen said, "I've got my ds." Jorja said, "I am going to watch a movie."  Well....okay....I guess that is where we will go then.
Jorja 'blue-teeth' & Maysen
On the way home we stopped at a craft store called The Wood Connection.  It is a pretty cool place, but I went to the wrong store first. I went to the furniture store also called The Wood Connection. Anyway, we got to the right store minutes before they closed.  I was able to get some blocks I wanted for a project that is on one of my goals.  I hope it turns out like I want it to.

I printed up a whole bunch of random Book of Mormon charts.  The kids each picked one.  Preston even wanted one.  He also sat through our scripture study and read a few verses for the first time!  He has never been willing to read a verse before!  Mike and I were shocked!  Then he asked to read more. He wanted to cross off more circles on his chart. We will see how long this lasts!
Scripture chart wall

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You are such a good mom, Steph.