Friday, August 3, 2012

20 Year Reunion

Mike and I had our 20th High School reunion today.  It was really simple.  We brought food and ate in the lunch room.  We were also able to walk around the school.  It was so weird being back there.  I don't think I have ever been back there since the day I graduated.  Tons of things have changed.  They remodeled a lot inside.  There are a lot of different hallways now.  I regret not getting a picture of my family at the school.  At least a picture of Mike and I.  Oh well.  There weren't very many people there. The main event is tomorrow.  That is a little more fancy.  Mike and I aren't planning on going to that one.  Mike was very happy.  The people he REALLY wanted to see were there.  I hardly recognized anyone.  Someone came up to me and said, "Stephanie?  You use to be so little!"  Hmmmm.  I don't think that was a compliment.  It was funny watching her backpedal when she realized that could be taken the wrong way.

Mike and I went looking for Mike's picture.  They are now hanging in one of the hallways.  They have a picture of the student body officers from every year.  I had never seen Mike's before.  Well, I had seen the picture, just not hanging up in the school.  Shockingly they didn't hang up the picture where all the boys had their shirts off.  That one was in the yearbook.
Mike, Matt Russell, Bryce Johnson, Shandon Cole
Sheena Leatham, Heath Ogden, Emily Callister
The kids were very patient with us tonight.  It wasn't fun for them, but they were good sports.  Maysen was funny.  I got such a kick out of her name tag.
On the way home Mike noticed paint buckets in the trash cans.  He is not one to pass up an opportunity like that!  He swiped them to use as some part of a furnace . . . or something like that.
Mike with his prize
It smelled like paint the entire way home, so we drove with all the windows opened.  We stopped at Little Caesars on the way home. Before the reunion we ordered food from Sonic.  We wouldn't let them eat it until we got here.  Maysen was so disappointed because instead of grilled cheese they gave her a corn dog.  She had just been talking about how hungry she was.  Not hungry enough to eat a corn dog though.

Here is a picture I had on my phone from Tuesday.  This is Stockton's last practice with Jordan.  Jordan is wearing the blue shirt and is now in the MTC.  I liked the picture, so I thought I would stick it on here. I'm not even going to attempt to name everyone.  The important people are:  Stockton wearing the black shirt and Jordan wearing the blue shirt.  All the others are extra.  Just kidding.  Kind of.

2 comments:

Stockton said...

And I got apples instead of tater tots. You spit your meat out laughing.

Brett - Rachel B said...

hahaha... wha? I admire Mikes ability to dumpster dive like a champ!