Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wicked

My family came over today.  Dad brought KFC.  We had a pretty low-key event.  Bubs, his kids, Sam, my dad, Cathy, Max, Grandma and Gayle were all here.  It was relaxing and fun.  After dinner I opened the pool. Stockton jumped in first and shouted, "It's so warm!  I've never been in it so warm!"  I hadn't even turned the heater on.  I wanted to swim with them, but I didn't.  Maysen and I were leaving soon.

Maysen and I got Wicked tickets for Christmas.  I have never seen Wicked before, but have heard it was great.  We downloaded the music about a week ago, but that was it.  We had a GREAT time!  I had no idea what to expect, as far as the story goes.  It was opposite than I thought it would be.  We had great seats and both loved it.  Both main characters were super funny.  We laughed the entire way home. Maysen put the Wicked soundtrack on while we were driving.  It was nice to understand what was actually going on while the song was being sung. As we were driving home, listening to the songs, we were able to watch fireworks from all random places.  It was quite cool.
Maysen & Stephanie
 Jorja took these pictures of us before we left.
 Stephanie & Maysen
 Maysen thought this dragon was cool . . . but then who wouldn't?
 It's not the FOX, but it was a great night!
My dad slept over last night.  I didn't want the kids to be alone for this long on the 24th.  He made them milkshakes.  They love it when he makes them milkshakes.  Stockton went to bed when he was asked, but the other three had a hard time.  They ended up coming upstairs and watching fireworks from the front lawn.  Before my dad knew what was happening Jorja brought out a ton of blankets and sleeping bags.  Silly Porge!  She is such a little instigator.  She reminds me so much of Mike. In a good way.  My dad keeps telling me I need to watch Cheaper By the Dozen.  He says I'll know which character reminds him of Jorja.  I should do that.  I bet we would all get a great laugh.  I love that little Porge!

No comments: