Sunday, July 15, 2012

Taylor's Farewell

This morning I was lucky enough to be able to go to my cousin Taylor's mission farewell.  I love being around my family.  Even though I don't get to talk to everyone, it is just nice to see them and be around them. Taylor did a great job.  He was so sweet when he talked about his Grandma & Grandpa Roe.  I wish I had been as good about keeping my mothers memory alive as the Roe family has.  (That includes Tammi and Rozie.)

The food at the Roe's was wonderful, but that's no surprise.  I brought up a letter my Uncle Steve wrote to my mom when he was 8.  My mom kept it all these years.  It was so funny!  His spelling was the best.  It's weird realizing how much of a difference in age there is between my mom and some of her siblings.

I got home from Idaho around eight o'clock.  The kids were all super happy.  Mike had hung up lots of pictures and had several rooms spotless.  When I commented on that Preston said, "You should leave home more often."  Haha!  It is true.

Anyway, Maysen finished the blankets she was working on for everyone.  They all seemed to like them and they looked really cute. Plus, they let me take a picture!
Preston, Jorja, Maysen, Stockton
Maysen made crepes for dinner.  Look how cute the fruit looked on the leaf dish that Rachel gave me! Thanks Rachel!  Do you like Stockton's plate in the background?  Also, you can see one of Maysen's new pottery bowls.  She has a cute little butterfly on it.
Here is the matching plate that Rachel gave me.  I love it!  If I was clever I would have gotten them in the same shot!  But I am not clever, so there you go.

No comments: