Sunday, July 1, 2012

Preston's Talk

This last week was quite a blur.  I knew Preston had a talk on Sunday, but I never felt up to helping him write it.  Well, around ten o'clock last night the time had come.  (Ten o'clock is SO late for my family.) Anyway this is the talk he came up with.

Lehi kept the commandments when he left Jerusalem.
Nephi kept the commandments when he got the plates.
Noah kept the commandments when he built the boat.
I keep the commandments when I don't kill other people.  That is actually a pretty easy commandment to keep.  I also keep the commandments when I obey my mom and dad.  I give them lots of hugs and love.  Heavenly Father likes it when we keep the commandments. That is how we can make him happy.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I wrote down the ten commandments on a paper when we were writing the talk.  I asked him which one he wanted to talk about.  In my mind I was thinking, "Please don't pick killing or adultery!"  I guess out of the two I would rather him pick don't kill.  Anyway, Preston refused to practice the talk.  I really should have done this on Monday, but I did not.  I was worried he wouldn't be able to read it.  I know he can read, but I'm never really sure how well.  I wanted to have him read it at least one time for me!  He did great.  He read the entire thing.  Although one hand was holding the paper straight in front of his face and the other hand was pointing at the words.  It was really cute.  He also won Mike and I at Dominion tonight.  That's not so cute.

I took Maysen to a fireside tonight.  Hank Smith was the speaker.  He did a great job.  He was so funny.  Maysen was laughing through most of it.  She would turn to me and say, "I like him."  When we were getting refreshments, Josh came up to us and asked, "Where's Stockton?  He would have loved this!"  That was when it dawned on me that Stockton was supposed to come too.  Oh man!  I was really annoyed at myself. This would have been a great fireside to bring him to.  In order to make it up to him I brought him home a brownie.  I think he was okay with that. 

No comments: