Monday, July 23, 2012

My New Brooke

What a great day!  It started off kind of silly.  Yesterday the kids convinced me to adopt a webkinz.  Jorja and I found some at Seagull Book for $3.  They had 4 tree frogs left, so I bought them . . . thinking they could be used as gifts in the future.  Jorja had a birthday party and gave one to Jazzie, then I adopted one and Maysen and Preston bought the last two.  Jorja is SO happy about this.  Anyway I named my cute little frog Brooke.  Haha!  Now I have my own Brooke since I never get to see my favorite Brooke anymore.

Anyway, I took Stockton to diving and then I played in our pool.  With all the kids.  For a long time.  It was so much fun.  I was quite proud of myself for figuring out how to get the pump to get the water off the pool cover.  (It rained last night.)  I know I should not be proud of this, but I am.  Also, the kids counted my laps as I passed off my goal of swimming ten laps in the pool.  I really thought this was an impossible goal.  I can't believe I did it!  I timed myself on one lap.  I was 34.8. Shaved some seconds off.  That's good for me!  We also spent a lot of time playing categories.  It was so much fun.  Even Preston played and he loved it. 

We got out of the pool in time to get something to eat and take Stockton to his last regular dive meet of the season.  I think he scored around 103.  I know he broke 100.  He dove a one and a half, a double, a reverse and an inward.  This was the first time he competed with a double.  I was so proud of him!  Especially since the board was not bouncy at all!  (We were at a tiny pool up in the avenues.)
Stockton  
We also got a message from Sam today about a manuscript Covenant wanted her to review.  It was due last week.  I about died!  We never got the manuscript, or any communication about it.  Luckily they were able to resend it and give her a new due date.  This is the first time they have asked her, so too bad we didn't start with a good impression.  We are excited though, I would love Maysen to be able to do things like this. It's not a book review exactly, it's an evaluator.  Sounds good to me! What a great thing to do in the summer!

2 comments:

FitzSimmons Times said...

HaHa! I think I have been replaced! Or maybe I should be honored! Miss you!

Stephanie said...

Not replaced! Never replaced!