Monday, July 9, 2012

Girls Camp!

Today was our first day of Girls Camp.  I use camp in the very loosest of terms.  I would like to admit that I know we are spoiled.  But, man oh man do I love it!

We picked the girls up from church this morning and drove up to Becky's cabin.  Bryce's family (Becky's husband) has a cabin right at the base of Brighton ski resort.  We were lucky enough to be able to stay here during "Girls Camp".  It was beautiful!
The view from my bedroom
 The bed I slept on.  Man are we roughing it!
After we were all unloaded, the girls played a get to know you game with string.  We then had lunch and went canoeing.
 Analise, Katie, Maysen, Melissa
Julie Valentine is our camp director.  She is the Bishop's wife.  She is organized and the most amazing cook.  I can already tell I will eat well this week . . . not so sure about Maysen.

We separated into stations for different crafts.  I was in charge of the night light station.  The theme of our camp was "Truly the light is sweet" ~ Eccl. 11:7  While I was at my station, I told some of my girls about the onsen.  Man oh man were they terrified!  One of them said, "I'm never going to Japan!"  Becky and I were talking about it later. Becky has been to Japan many times.  She has never been to an onsen, but her brothers have.  Her family lived in Japan for awhile years ago while her dad was the General Authority in charge of that area.  She was laughing and saying how it is just different there.  She said it would be funny to describe it during a modesty lesson . . . "Never get naked into a pool with others . . . unless you are in Japan and then it is okay." Anyway, the girls all thought Marie was adorable, but who wouldn't?

We had a fireside tonight outside.  We had three newly returned sister missionaries speak to the girls.  It was good, but kind of long.  It seemed to be long because I was SO COLD!  Poor me!  This camping can be rough!

No comments: