Sunday, July 22, 2012

Delta Stinks

Mike had to fly to Texas today.  When he checked in they had changed his flight.  Instead of a short easy flight, they now had him leaving at midnight, flying to Atlanta and arriving in Texas at 8:30 in the morning.  His training starts at 7.  NOT GOOD.  I took Mike to the airport this afternoon and he was able to fly standby and arrive there around midnight.  Ridiculous.  That is twice in two months they have made an obnoxious change to his schedule.  You would think we flew around the country all the time, but no, we hardly fly anywhere anymore.

Anyway, Mike gave me these flowers before he left.  Beautiful.  They are from our backyard as well.  On a side note, it is so hard to take a picture where a mirror is involved without looking like an idiot.  I should have just moved the flowers . . . 
Flowers & Stephanie
When I got back from dropping Mike off at the airport, I got the kids together to go to our ward lemonade night.  The key pad wasn't working on the garage to close the door.  I assumed it was because the light was hitting the sensors weird.  That happened all the time in Georgia.  So, I hit the garage door button from the wall and ran out.  On the way over I thought, "I hope I didn't just lock us all out of the house."  Well . . . . turns out I did.  I was outside with all four kids, no phone, husband out of town.  Great.  I guess our keypad is out of batteries.  I tried for a long time to get the darn thing opened with no success.  My plan was to borrow some batteries from a neighbor.  After about 20 minutes I remembered Preston climbing out of the playroom window.  Okay, that window has no screen on it.  I found the window and started pushing on it.  Luckily it was still unlocked and we were able to crawl in the house.  There are these weird bars in front of the window and I'm sure Maysen and I looked really funny climbing the bars in our skirts, but we survived.  I also quickly learned how to lock the window.

No comments: