Monday, July 30, 2012

Arizona Complete!

Preston is funny.  He always says things I don't expect.  He also tries to be funny and doesn't always succeed.  Which I find funny.  I remember Grandma Honey telling me that Mike would always try to be funny when he was little, but he wasn't very funny.  Now she thought he was really funny.  She was right.  I look at Preston as a little Mike.  Our family matches up perfectly with Mike's family growing up.  Both families are girl, boy, girl, boy.  Maysen=Lisa, Stockton=Steve, Jorja=Sherry and Preston=Mike.  There is also a big gap between Sherry and Mike.  We have an even bigger gap between Jorja and Preston.  Anyway, Preston reminds me a lot of Mike and I like to imagine Preston is like Mike was when he was little.  I'm not sure if anything I just wrote made sense, so I will just go back to saying Preston is funny.

We played categories for about two hours in the pool tonight.  Maysen chose a category that was ridiculous.  Disney Characters That Begin With The Letter N.  Then she could only think of one.  Nemo.  Stockton and Jorja didn't pick Nemo.  Maysen couldn't think of another character.  We laughed.  Finally she said "Nuka".  What?  When she told us it was in Lion King we laughed so hard.  Lion King is one of Maysen's favorite movies.  Jorja and Stockton's character?  Nala. Maysen couldn't think of Nala but she came up with Nuka.

I tried to pick a category that was States You Have Lived In, but the kids revolted.  I changed it to States You Have Been In.  Both Jorja and Preston made it across the pool without me hearing them.  Jorja's state was Virginia and Preston's state was Arizona.  When Preston made it across he said, "Arizona Complete."  He was so cute!  It is hard to describe his cuteness, but he is, quite frankly, adorable.

No comments: